Bonus Internet Poker > PokerStars
PokerStars is the world’s largest site for online poker. Their selection of poker variants is huge and PokerStars is constantly evaluating how they can bring even more to their players. For instance, when Badugi started to gain traction among offline poker players, PokerStars was quick to include it on its site for online play.
You can of course play Texas Hold’em at PokerStars, as well as many different types of Omaha (Omaha, Omaha HiLo, 5 Card Omaha, 5 Card Omaha HiLo, Courchevel, Courchevel HiLo, and more).
If you are looking for more traditional poker variants of the stud or draw variety, you can have you pick among games such as 7 Card Stud, 7 Card Stud HiLo, Triple Stud, 5 Card Draw, 2-7 Triple Draw and 2-7 Single Draw.
Is one poker variant not enough for you? Let us suggest a visit to a mixed game table at PokerStars, such as one of the Razz tables, 8-Game mix tables or H.O.R.S.E tables.
Unsurprisingly, the world’s largest poker has a myriad of different scheduled poker tournaments and sit & go tournaments available – around the clock, every day of the year. Here, you will find anything from free rolls to high roller events.
Every Sunday, PokerStars have tournaments with really big guaranteed prize pots. If you don’t want to buy-in directly, you can qualify through the satellite structure.
A few times a year, PokerStars have special tournament events that run over several days. Two highlights of the tournament year at PokerStars are World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) and Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP).
PokerStars sponsors many of the largest poker tours, including European Poker Tour (EPT), North American Poker Tour (NAPT), Latin American Poker Tour (LAPT) och Asia Pacific Poker Tour (APPT). For each stop during such a tour, PokerStars run plenty of qualifiers and satellites online where you can win travel packages that include plane tickets, hotel nights, tournament buy in, and more.
PokerStars also have travel packages to hand out for events such as Aussie Millions, World Series of Poker (WSOP) och World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE).
Since PokerStars is not a part of any poker network, they have their own proprietary poker software. You can play directly in your browser or download and install a poker client. Downloadable poker client is available for both Windows and Mac OS.
It is possible to access PokerStars on mobile devices and play for real money.
In terms of traffic, PokerStars is by far the largest online poker room in the world. It’s main competitors aren’t even close to having the type of traffic PokerStars have. This is true for both cash games and tournaments.
Statistics published by PokerScout for May 2015 show that PokerStars had an average of 16,000 ring game players online during the third week of May. For the same seven day period, the figure for 888Poker – PokerStars main rival – was a merer 2,100 cash players.
All types of poker players are represented on PokerStars, from beginners and micro-stake hobby players to professional grinders and well heeled high rollers.
Perks & Special offers
- Use the bonus code FREE20 when you register an account with PokerStars. Once you have completed the reregistration process, you will get a free $20 bonus without any deposit requirement.
- You get a 100% welcome bonus on your first three deposits, up to a total maximum of $600 in bonus money.
- There is a loyalty program where you gather points by playing poker for real money. When you have enough points, you can exchange them for bonus money, cash, tournament tickets, and more. You can even use them to get physical poker products sent to your home address, e.g. a PokerStars poker chip set.
Additional info about PokerStars
- PokerStars is owned by the large gaming company Amaya Inc.
- PokerStars has been online since 2001. During its early years, it was based in Costa Rica. Eventually, the head quarters and the poker servers were moved to Isle of Man in Europe. PokerStars.eu is run by a Maltese company with a Maltese gambling license. PokerStars also have several country-specific poker sites in Europe to comply with the gambling legislation of various European countries.
- Since 2012, PokerStars and its former competitor Full Tilt Poker has the same owner. They are still run as separate poker sites.
- Examples of transaction methods accepted by PokerStars are bank transfer, VISA, MasterCard, Skrill (Moneybookers), Neteller, PaySafeCard, Click and Buy, Entropay, Ukash and WebMoney. Making transfers between your PokerStars account and your Full Tilt Poker account is very fast and easy.
- If you need any help from PokerStars customer service, you must send an email since they do not offer customer support through phone or live chat. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. There is an exception – if you encounter problems with a deposit you can get phone support. If you try to make a deposit into your PokerStars account and fail, a small window will pop-up where you are prompted to enter your phone number. The Deposit Assistance Department will then call you to guide you through the deposit process. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com